In order to work at sea, you must have an appropriate seafarer medical fitness certificate.

You need an ENG 1 certificate if you’re any of the following:​

  • a seafarer

  • in charge of a ship

  • serving on a merchant ship or yacht

If you remain unsure about which type of seafarer medical you need, further information can be found on the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) website here.

Please read the FAQ section below to ensure you are fully prepared before your appointment. If you have any further questions, please contact me.